Samstag, 24. Mai 2014

Because poetry is not that bad!

Hallo meine Lieben,

ja heute gibt es ein poem, sogar selbst geschrieben, hah! So ne drama class kann dann doch mal hilfreich sein. :P

"Going on an exchange is the art of learning how to swim, not in a beginner’s pool, but right in the middle of a rough ocean, not with a teacher, but by watching and doing – just make sure you learn quick enough so you don’t drown." That's what somebody said about being an exchange student.
For me it all started with a little idea, to leave my home, see the world and change.
My parents supported me as they always do, so my adventure began.
First the preparation with all the joy, fear, tears and laughter mixed togehter.
Then it came, the day to leave, to realize my own little dream.
The airplane took off and I had to say my final goodbyes, leaving everything behind.
I arrived and was overwhelmed.
The language: So new even though I learnt it in school.
The people: So friendly to everyone.
The city: Definitely bigger than mine with all its opportunities.
The ice cold wheater I wasn't prepared for although I knew it was going to happen.
I had my ups and downs,
I laughed and cried, I enjoyed new experiences and missed my family and friends, but all this is what I wanted.
Now it's almost over, time passes by faster and faster and once again I have to leave.
Once again, I'm stuck between fear and joy, laughter and tears, I realized that my time here in Montreal will soon be over.
Leaving is like riding you favourite roller coaster for the last time before it's closed - you habe your ups and downs, but you love it, now you see the ending coming closer, the speed gets faster and faster while you wish it would slow down, wish the end never comes because there's no "see you again".
But it doesn't matter where I am, all this will stay in my heart, it has changed me.
Everybody told me so, "You're going to change".
I didn't believe it.
But the little girl I was a year ago just doesn't exist anymore.
Time has passed and left its mark, illnesses, bad friendships and moments of joy - they all are part of it.
I grew up.
I learnt to listen to myself, trust my feelings and be proud of myself for accomplishing all this, being an exchange student.
Life taught me not to regret.
Nothing, not one little mistake!
My past belongs to me, makes me to who I am.
And I might not be old, but I can proudly say I learnt how to swim!

Ok, die Zeile, "But the little girl I was a year ago just doesn't anymore." ist vielleicht doch ein bisschen übertrieben. Aber ist das nicht poetry? Wenn nicht, Pech gehabt. :P Mehr wollte ich gar nicht. :) Ich hoffe euch gefällt das Gedicht ein bisschen und wenn ihr Austauschschüler seid, dann könnt ihr euch ja vielleicht sogar ein bisschen damit identifizieren. :)

Liebste Grüße einer manchmal-doch-kreativen,

Mara <3

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen